Fortnite Update 6.22 Patch Notes: Team Terror, Heavy AR and More
Check out the new Heavy AR released today!
The latest update for Fortnite just dropped today, and it is jam-packed with goodies. Among those is a newly released Heavy Assault Rifle, named the Heavy AR, and also 2 limited time Modes. One of which features AI-controlled enemies.
The first of these modes is called Team Terror. It pits two teams of 32 against each other with the goal of wiping out the opposing side. The thing you have to watch out for is that Cube Monster, the enemies that players had to contend with during the recent Fortnitemares event, will also attack you. They can drop some pretty nice loot, so it might make sense to deal with them before enemy players.
The second mode is the return of the popular game-mode known as Blitz. This takes the basic Battle Royale gameplay and speeds things up, as the storm circle begins closing in right from the start of the match. It will also close in more frequently than usual, leading to matches that should last no longer than 15 minutes. To further speed things up, there's more loot to find around the map.
If you are interested in the full patch notes, you can check out the Fortnite website. You can also check them out below in a condensed version of the patch notes from the Fortnite website.
Fortnite: Battle Royale Update 6.22 Patch Notes
Limited-Time Event: Team Terror
Monsters have invadsed the Battle Royale island! Two teams will battle it out as Cube Monsters monsters join the fight. Defeat the other team to earn a Victory Royale.
- Two teams of 32 players. Eliminate the other team to win.
- Monster spawners are scattered throughout the map and also appear each time the storm closes in to a new circle.
- Monsters can drop weapons or ammo when destroyed. Gold monsters and monster spawners drop Legendary items when destroyed.
- Farming resources increased 75% over default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
Limited-Time Event: Blitz!
Blitz is a faster-paced version of Battle Royale. The match begins with the storm moving towards the island, and the delay between each circle is shorter than normal, creating matches that are 15 minutes long or less. The map also has extra loot and resources. Profile Stats count in this mode, so fight hard for the Victory Royale!
- The storm is already moving in at the beginning of the match, choose your landing spot carefully!
- Wait time between storms is significantly shorter than usual; maximum match length is 15 minutes.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Reduced empty floor loot spawn chance from 21.5% to 3.55%
- Resource harvesting amounts increased by 50%.
- Increased materials found on the ground from 30 to 60 per instance.
- Increased number, spawn rate & the descent speed of Supply Drops.
- Increased number of llamas spawned by 4x.
- Removed shopping carts.
Weapons + Items
- Heavy Assault Rifle
- Can be found in floor loot, chests, Vending Machines, and Supply Drops
- Available in Rare, Epic and Legendary Variants
- Deals 44 / 46 / 48 damage
- 3.75 Fire Rate
- Has a magazine size of 25
- Storm max damage cap changed back to 8 damage from 10 damage.
- Players hit by a Boogie Bomb while holding Balloons will no longer have physics issues. They will now properly drop the Balloons.