THREAD: First impressions open beta
  1. 02-03-2015, 02:57 PM
    ResistTheSun
    <span style="background:url(http://oi60.tinypic.com/amtgtv.jpg);font-weight:bold;color:black;">In Flames Much?</span>
    ResistTheSun
    <span style="background:url(http://oi60.tinypic.com/amtgtv.jpg);font-weight:bold;color:black;">In Flames Much?</span>
    NextGenUpdate
    First impression

This game runs off battlefield 4 engine and you can tell, game is close combat mainly focused on infantry.
    2 maps with 3 gamemodes in the past gamemodes feel tackled on but in this game feels like was tuned.
    Battlefield biggest problem is that close combat often feels lacking and that feeling still carries on.
    If you don't like big maps don't worry infantry focused game.
    Game is tuned to fix all the annoying things from the past games but that does not feel enough.

Biggest problem I have is that fact most of the theme is skin deep both fractions feel the same to each other.
    Still fun but rather shallow due to being focused on infantry gameplay something recent games have not done that good.
    High amount of detail on display from the studio putting in new touches but can't help feeling it a reskin.
    In many ways I wish this was a download only title for $15 in the same mindset as 1943.

Worth saying that the team has listened and fixed some big issues like unlocks.
  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ResistTheSun For This Useful Post:

3. 02-03-2015, 03:07 PM
    Alt
    PC Master Race Master Race
    Alt
    PC Master Race Master Race
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by ResistTheSun View Post
    Come on what your views mine so far don't download on wifi

Don't use WiFi :troll:

I like it a lot also it has changed from the last BETA I played.

Really fun game to play!
  4. 02-03-2015, 05:27 PM
    Script Kiddie
    At least I can fight
    Script Kiddie
    At least I can fight
    NextGenUpdate
    So far its like a damn scavenger hunt trying to find it on the psn store lol
  5. 02-03-2015, 05:37 PM
    EquakeCSharp
    Do a barrel roll!
    EquakeCSharp
    Do a barrel roll!
    NextGenUpdate
    good on PC. sot sure about PS3 since i get an error when starting. other than that i rate it a 8.5/10
  6. 02-03-2015, 06:23 PM
    matthijscod
    Little One
    matthijscod
    Little One
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by DexModdingRTM View Post
    good on PC. sot sure about PS3 since i get an error when starting. other than that i rate it a 8.5/10

I get this too, did u find a fix yet?
  7. 02-03-2015, 06:49 PM
    ResistTheSun
    ResistTheSun
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by RileyErased View Post
    So far its like a damn scavenger hunt trying to find it on the psn store lol

Use the website to preload it to your download list :p
  8. 02-03-2015, 06:55 PM
    EquakeCSharp
    Do a barrel roll!
    EquakeCSharp
    Do a barrel roll!
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by matthijscod View Post
    I get this too, did u find a fix yet?

no i have not found a fix yet.
  9. 02-03-2015, 07:09 PM
    Winter
    <span style="background:url(http://i.imgur.com/ErUqTqV.gif);font-weight:bold;color:purple;">Purple God</span>
    Winter
    <span style="background:url(http://i.imgur.com/ErUqTqV.gif);font-weight:bold;color:purple;">Purple God</span>
    NextGenUpdate
    My first impressions:

Spoiler:

You must login or register to view this content.

tears
  10. 02-04-2015, 02:02 AM
    Joel
    [move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
    Joel
    [move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
    NextGenUpdate
    I went straight into Heist and I totally love playing it. At first I was confused on where I was suppose to go but then I knew what the objective was between the police vs the enemies. I would go to the top of the roof first and destroy the rooftop so it would be easier to grab the cash and go to the parking lot.
    For the weapons, I really don't like the sniper due to the hitmarkers I get and just the aiming of people. I aim the sniper at someone's body while moving but the bullet doesn't strike him which gets me mad lol. I did unlock attachments and I do like it, but it gets pretty rusty when it comes to close battle going on which the sniper becomes pointless. I enjoy using the MP5K and shotgun too but those weapons become useless after going a bit far range. Still not sure how to unlock the UMP45 but I do like that gun and kind of reminds me back on MW2 and how it's my favorite weapon of all time.
    For the graphics, I absolutely love it. Feels much better playing on the PS4 and experiencing no lag than playing on the PS3 (Haven't tried playing on the PS3, but I heard it's pretty bad :p).
    Lastly, the servers are great! I play on the EU servers and it's pretty amazing being able to play without any lag latency. Love how Battlefield is hosting the servers instead of the people hosting it, since the people hosting it can get a bit unfair (I remember playing BF3 and I hated the game due to that reason.)
  11. 02-04-2015, 11:56 AM
    ResistTheSun
    ResistTheSun
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Hitmarkah View Post
    I went straight into Heist and I totally love playing it. At first I was confused on where I was suppose to go but then I knew what the objective was between the police vs the enemies. I would go to the top of the roof first and destroy the rooftop so it would be easier to grab the cash and go to the parking lot.
    For the weapons, I really don't like the sniper due to the hitmarkers I get and just the aiming of people. I aim the sniper at someone's body while moving but the bullet doesn't strike him which gets me mad lol. I did unlock attachments and I do like it, but it gets pretty rusty when it comes to close battle going on which the sniper becomes pointless. I enjoy using the MP5K and shotgun too but those weapons become useless after going a bit far range. Still not sure how to unlock the UMP45 but I do like that gun and kind of reminds me back on MW2 and how it's my favorite weapon of all time.
    For the graphics, I absolutely love it. Feels much better playing on the PS4 and experiencing no lag than playing on the PS3 (Haven't tried playing on the PS3, but I heard it's pretty bad :p).
    Lastly, the servers are great! I play on the EU servers and it's pretty amazing being able to play without any lag latency. Love how Battlefield is hosting the servers instead of the people hosting it, since the people hosting it can get a bit unfair (I remember playing BF3 and I hated the game due to that reason.)

You can buy any weapon off the gate if you want :p