THREAD: Need help
  1. 12-11-2015, 10:53 PM
    xXcodgmRTE
    Climbing up the ladder
    xXcodgmRTE
    Climbing up the ladder
    NextGenUpdate
    Today my new graphics card came. Its a msi r9 390 i have installed it into the pc but when i plug my hdmi cable into the port i get a black screen i have read about it and people say to uninstall your old drivers and install your new one but it wont let me install my new driver that cane with the graphic card does anyone know how. to fix this. My processor is a amd fx 8350
  2. 12-12-2015, 12:52 AM
    Rath
    Today Will Be Different
    Rath
    Today Will Be Different
    NextGenUpdate
    Thread moved to Computer Troubleshooting.

Originally Posted by xXcodgmRTE View Post
    Today my new graphics card came. Its a msi r9 390 i have installed it into the pc but when i plug my hdmi cable into the port i get a black screen i have read about it and people say to uninstall your old drivers and install your new one but it wont let me install my new driver that cane with the graphic card does anyone know how. to fix this. My processor is a amd fx 8350

If your computer has on-board graphics, like an HDMI port that is no on the graphics card. Plug into that. That should at least allow you to get video output to a monitor. Go ahead and install the graphics that came with your card, or download the latest ones online. Install them, and when that gets done. Plug the HDMI cable into the port on the video card. If none of that works post back here. Video card and driver issues can be pretty stupid to troubleshoot at times.
    Last edited by Rath ; 12-12-2015 at 12:56 AM.

3. The Following User Thanked Rath For This Useful Post:

4. 12-16-2015, 04:25 PM
    Oneup
    Oneup
    n/a
    NextGenUpdate

Did you disable onboard video?
  5. 12-16-2015, 04:54 PM
    xXcodgmRTE
    Climbing up the ladder
    xXcodgmRTE
    Climbing up the ladder
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Oneup View Post
    Did you disable onboard video?

I went into the bios and theirs no option for it i went into device manager and uninstalled it that way and it still dosnt see it. I got the graphics card to wrok kinda of now when i plug the hdmi cable into the graphics card the monitor brings up a display but when i go to check what graphics card in installed it says its the standard graphics card. I think its cause my pc is not 64 bit. I need to buy a 64 bit motherboard but i dont know any and i done know how to tell if a motherboard is 65 but before buying it
  6. 12-16-2015, 05:28 PM
    Oneup
    Oneup
    n/a
    NextGenUpdate
    I went into the bios and theirs no option for it i went into device manager and uninstalled it that way and it still dosnt see it. I got the graphics card to wrok kinda of now when i plug the hdmi cable into the graphics card the monitor brings up a display but when i go to check what graphics card in installed it says its the standard graphics card. I think its cause my pc is not 64 bit. I need to buy a 64 bit motherboard but i dont know any and i done know how to tell if a motherboard is 65 but before buying it

No such thing in this day. Every board you buy runs an x64 processor. There is also no such thing as a 32bit only processor anymore. You aren't required to have a 64bit os for a video card. If you tried to install 64bit drivers it would tell you that you couldn't. So that's not the problem.
  7. 12-16-2015, 07:22 PM
    xXcodgmRTE
    Climbing up the ladder
    xXcodgmRTE
    Climbing up the ladder
    NextGenUpdate
    No such thing in this day. Every board you buy runs an x64 processor. There is also no such thing as a 32bit only processor anymore. You aren't required to have a 64bit os for a video card. If you tried to install 64bit drivers it would tell you that you couldn't. So that's not the problem.

My motherboard is cheap and old thought its not recent as when i bought the lc it was pre built

Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    Thread moved to Computer Troubleshooting.

If your computer has on-board graphics, like an HDMI port that is no on the graphics card. Plug into that. That should at least allow you to get video output to a monitor. Go ahead and install the graphics that came with your card, or download the latest ones online. Install them, and when that gets done. Plug the HDMI cable into the port on the video card. If none of that works post back here. Video card and driver issues can be pretty stupid to troubleshoot at times.

A dvd came with the graphics card but it doesn't load the dvd and then when i click on it a second time it says its running buts its not. I went on the amd website and tried to download the drivers and it only go so far before it says package failure

I also heard a way you can tell if your pc is 64 but is the ram. If it cN use more than 4gb ram then its 64 bit compatible. Which i dont understand cause my pc has 8gb ram but only uses 2. Something
    Last edited by Rath ; 12-16-2015 at 09:47 PM.

8. 12-16-2015, 09:43 PM
    Rath
    Today Will Be Different
    Rath
    Today Will Be Different
    NextGenUpdate
    I also heard a way you can tell if your pc is 64 but is the ram. If it cN use more than 4gb ram then its 64 bit compatible. Which i dont understand cause my pc has 8gb ram but only uses 2. Something

Ram has nothing to do with cpu architecture. All of the architecture now is 64-bit compatible. The only limiting thing would be your operating system. Navigate to your Control Panel, select System and you should come across something like this.

Spoiler:
    You must login or register to view this content.

It could be possible that you're downloading drivers for x64 but you're running an x86 OS. According to 1UP that isn't the case. But to err on the side of caution I'd double check.
  9. 12-16-2015, 09:44 PM
    Oneup
    Oneup
    n/a
    NextGenUpdate
    I am gonna backseat here for a moment in saying there is not need to triple post, editing your reply with new information is better.
    My motherboard is cheap and old thought its not recent as when i bought the lc it was pre built

You are using a 64bit processor to begin with, so the board would have to support it.

A dvd came with the graphics card but it doesn't load the dvd and then when i click on it a second time it says its running buts its not. I went on the amd website and tried to download the drivers and it only go so far before it says package failure

Are you actually opening the disk in explorer and running the setup exe?

Yes and no. You can have more than 4GB's of memory using a 32bit OS. All that it means is that it can only address 3.5GBs of that memory and the rest just does nothing.
    Just because you have 8GBs of memory doesnt means windows is going to use it all up. That's something you don't want. If windows sees that you have 8GB then you are running a 64bit OS.

If you still don't think you are then you can run a program like speccy:

It will tell you everything you need to know about your PC
  10. 12-17-2015, 12:03 AM
    xXcodgmRTE
    Climbing up the ladder
    xXcodgmRTE
    Climbing up the ladder
    NextGenUpdate
    I am gonna backseat here for a moment in saying there is not need to triple post, editing your reply with new information is better.

You are using a 64bit processor to begin with, so the board would have to support it.

Yes and no. You can have more than 4GB's of memory using a 32bit OS. All that it means is that it can only address 3.5GBs of that memory and the rest just does nothing.
    Just because you have 8GBs of memory doesnt means windows is going to use it all up. That's something you don't want. If windows sees that you have 8GB then you are running a 64bit OS.

I've tried clicking on the disk to run it and it dont work and have went through the files on the disk and started the setup that way and still dont work and tomorrow i will download that program and let you know

Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    Ram has nothing to do with cpu architecture. All of the architecture now is 64-bit compatible. The only limiting thing would be your operating system. Navigate to your Control Panel, select System and you should come across something like this.

Spoiler:

It could be possible that you're downloading drivers for x64 but you're running an x86 OS. According to 1UP that isn't the case. But to err on the side of caution I'd double check.

I've tried 32 bit drivers and 64 driver neither or them work

i download that program he is a screen shot of it

this says its 64 bit compatible but when i try to install windows 10 64 bit it does not let me
    Last edited by Rath ; 12-17-2015 at 08:32 PM.

11. 12-17-2015, 08:21 PM
    Oneup
    Oneup
    n/a
    NextGenUpdate
    i download that program he is a screen shot of it

this says its 64 bit compatible but when i try to install windows 10 64 bit it does not let me