THREAD: CMOS Issue
  1. 12-20-2012, 02:03 AM
    Post Count's Avatar
    Post Count
    ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄
    Post Count's Avatar
    Post Count
    ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄
    391
    Posts
    425
    Reputation
    Aug 2010
    NextGenUpdate
    Well (as I forgot to mention in the video) I uses the CMOS jumper to reset the CMOS password and clear the CMOS. So i tried to boot up with Kon-Boot and I do the regular procedure, but when I boot hd1 to start windows it restarts I get a beep and the cycle repeats. Here's the video of what happens:

    You must login or register to view this content.

    Not sure what'll happen with the link since I recorded it on my iPad and uploaded it with the Dropbox app (it's a actually really nice). Thanks for any help in advance Smile <3

    Willing to rep/donate vBux or BOTH for help.
    Last edited by Post Count ; 12-20-2012 at 02:14 AM.

  2. 12-20-2012, 02:20 AM
    Josh_ox3's Avatar
    Josh_ox3
    Treasure hunter
    Josh_ox3's Avatar
    Josh_ox3
    Treasure hunter
    863
    Posts
    9,680
    Reputation
    Jul 2010
    NextGenUpdate
    Boot order is messed *flies away*
  3. 12-20-2012, 02:27 AM
    1,544
    Posts
    24,059
    Reputation
    Nov 2011
    NextGenUpdate
    I've had a similar error before... here's what I did

    • Open up your computer and find your motherboard, shouldn't be that hard to find.
    • Try and locate a battery that looks something like this
    • You must login or register to view this content.
    • There should be an BIOS reset button beside it... if you can't find that, just re-seat the battery
    • This should reset the BIOS to the original factory settings with all your files and settings untouched


    If that doesn't work...

    • It may be your power supply, try simply unplugging it
  4. 12-20-2012, 02:31 AM
    Post Count's Avatar
    Post Count
    ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄
    Post Count's Avatar
    Post Count
    ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄
    391
    Posts
    425
    Reputation
    Aug 2010
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by ox3 View Post
    Boot order is messed *flies away*

    What should my boot order be?
    Originally Posted by K5 View Post
    I've had a similar error before... here's what I did

    • Open up your computer and find your motherboard, shouldn't be that hard to find.
    • Try and locate a battery that looks something like this
    • You must login or register to view this content.
    • There should be an BIOS reset button beside it... if you can't find that, just re-seat the battery
    • This should reset the BIOS to the original factory settings with all your files and settings untouched


    If that doesn't work...

    • It may be your power supply, try simply unplugging it


    I did that twice, I used the switch but I couldn't get the battery out I felt like I was going to break it
  5. 12-20-2012, 02:38 AM
    Josh_ox3's Avatar
    Josh_ox3
    Treasure hunter
    Josh_ox3's Avatar
    Josh_ox3
    Treasure hunter
    863
    Posts
    9,680
    Reputation
    Jul 2010
    NextGenUpdate
    Battery normally under a tab, like I said fix boot order or listen to him and reset Bios, you shouldn't ever touch bios Sad Awesome.
  6. 12-20-2012, 02:41 AM
    Post Count's Avatar
    Post Count
    ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄
    Post Count's Avatar
    Post Count
    ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄
    391
    Posts
    425
    Reputation
    Aug 2010
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by ox3 View Post
    Boot order is messed *flies away*


    Originally Posted by ox3 View Post
    Battery normally under a tab, like I said fix boot order or listen to him and reset Bios, you shouldn't ever touch bios Sad Awesome.

    I'm aware it's under a tab I tried to let it loose it wouldn't. What should I make my boot order though? Also I'm not in it often I forgot my startup password and it was working fine but when I reset it it got fucked up. Thanks for helping btw
  7. 12-20-2012, 02:50 AM
    1,544
    Posts
    24,059
    Reputation
    Nov 2011
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I did that twice, I used the switch but I couldn't get the battery out I felt like I was going to break it


    Sorry I didn't exactly explain how to remove the battery... just watch this

  8. The Following User Thanked K5‎‎ For This Useful Post:


  9. 12-20-2012, 02:50 AM
    Josh_ox3's Avatar
    Josh_ox3
    Treasure hunter
    Josh_ox3's Avatar
    Josh_ox3
    Treasure hunter
    863
    Posts
    9,680
    Reputation
    Jul 2010
    NextGenUpdate
    You would have to refer to Google for that, my work here is done.
  10. The Following User Thanked Josh_ox3 For This Useful Post:


  11. 12-22-2012, 07:38 AM
    13
    Posts
    10
    Reputation
    Dec 2011
    NextGenUpdate
    update bios?