THREAD: [WARNING] Regarding all modifications to GTA 5
  1. 05-07-2015, 01:13 AM
    NextGenUpdate
    As of 5/6/2015, R* has officially updated there EULA and states that any mod (Graphical or game changing) will get you banned from GTA 5.

Quote taken from the thinkcomputers thread,
    "You agree not to: [..] reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, prepare derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Software, in whole or in part;"

Potentially what the EULA states is that any modification made to the game folder, whether that be a trainer, graphical enhancer, or other tool to "modify" GTA 5 will get you banned.
  2. 05-07-2015, 01:16 AM
    Reddinos
    Treasure hunter
    Reddinos
    Treasure hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    2 week ban, big deal. rockstar stop being a joke for once.
  3. The Following User Thanked Reddinos For This Useful Post:

4. 05-07-2015, 02:04 AM
    R3ckT
    Haxor!
    R3ckT
    Haxor!
    NextGenUpdate
    Reverse engineering has been in there since the very beginning and most likely all the other GTA's and any other game for that matter for ass coverage. Not sure about the rest of the dribble.

It's a shame it came to that though, would have been nice if you could replace some textures like in IV and have real road signs and better textures, vehicles etc. By the sounds of that, we won't be able to touch the RPF's :( Never understood why they do that shit to graphical mods, it is f*cking PC for christ sakes, not 360 Not Happy or Sad
  5. 05-07-2015, 07:12 AM
    RGamez
    Save Point
    RGamez
    Save Point
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by R3ckT View Post
    Reverse engineering has been in there since the very beginning and most likely all the other GTA's and any other game for that matter for ass coverage. Not sure about the rest of the dribble.

It's a shame it came to that though, would have been nice if you could replace some textures like in IV and have real road signs and better textures, vehicles etc. By the sounds of that, we won't be able to touch the RPF's :( Never understood why they do that shit to graphical mods, it is f*cking PC for christ sakes, not 360 Not Happy or Sad

They will find a way to modify RPF's... it's just a matter of time.
  6. 05-07-2015, 08:51 AM
    atigateway
    Do a barrel roll!
    atigateway
    Do a barrel roll!
    NextGenUpdate
    I bought the game i can do what i want its like buying a PC or TV and only been allowed to do what the manufacturers say i can do just imagine you buy a PC and not been able to customize to your liking if you do then it shuts down for 2 week or a TV and not be able to watch what you want i can go on so stuff R* i bought the game you got my money so you cant tell us what to do.
  7. 05-07-2015, 09:52 AM
    R3ckT
    Haxor!
    R3ckT
    Haxor!
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by atigateway View Post
    I bought the game i can do what i want its like buying a PC or TV and only been allowed to do what the manufacturers say i can do just imagine you buy a PC and not been able to customize to your liking if you do then it shuts down for 2 week or a TV and not be able to watch what you want i can go on so stuff R* i bought the game you got my money so you cant tell us what to do.

Not exactly, if purchased then you own the right to play the game as it is intended for everyone. It is just like a warranty for an item, if you pull it apart or are at fault for damage, then the warranty is void/if you get caught modifying the game in their aspects, then you risk losing the right to play. R* own the game and always will, just because we purchase it does not entitle us to any shares or stakes in the industry. They can and will do what they want with their game.

I enjoy using mods and always have. But put yourself in their shoes, you spend millions and millions as well as years of development to design a record breaking game and then see it turn to shit like the last edition from kids who's parents bought them a Asus G20 or Alienware Alpha or some other crappy Steambox, then found some scripts on the internet. You would be pretty pissed and want to strangle the f*cker lol

-
    And RPF editing MIGHT be making progress, but that does not mean that there will be nothing to screw us RPF modders over now or in the near future. That is what scares me :/
  8. 05-07-2015, 11:01 AM
    Grilo125
    Gobble
    Grilo125
    Gobble
    NextGenUpdate
    Last revised October 1, 2013

nothing new
  9. The Following User Thanked Grilo125 For This Useful Post:

10. 05-07-2015, 11:19 AM
    atigateway
    Do a barrel roll!
    atigateway
    Do a barrel roll!
    NextGenUpdate
    We still going to mod this game whatever as soon as the RPF are able to be edited then its mod like crazy i heard they is a program that can open and edit the RPF files its not been released yet but be ere soon cant wait to put Gotham City into GTA V or anything we like so not long to go then be be modding away and R* cant do a thing about it but they will try be the hackers will win like always.
  11. 05-07-2015, 11:30 AM
    atigateway
    Do a barrel roll!
    atigateway
    Do a barrel roll!
    NextGenUpdate
    Good news for us Modders they is a program going around but not release to public yet still private that can edit and modify the .ysc files in the script.rpf all we need now is to inject them back to script.rpf when modified thats a step in the right direction.
  12. 05-07-2015, 05:10 PM
    R3ckT
    Haxor!
    R3ckT
    Haxor!
    NextGenUpdate
    You You must login or register to view this content. this from people game make.