THREAD: VB2010 Login system + splash start
  1. 12-16-2011, 02:56 PM
    235
    Posts
    233
    Reputation
    Sep 2010
    NextGenUpdate
    I thought i would throw together a little program today, so here it is, i am still debating as to wether i will release the source or not... but you can take a look at it in the video below! tell me what you think please! Thanks, oh and tell me this is the right section... lol i have never posted in this part of NGU!
  2. 12-16-2011, 06:22 PM
    fill0botto95's Avatar
    fill0botto95
    You talkin to me?
    fill0botto95's Avatar
    fill0botto95
    You talkin to me?
    511
    Posts
    959
    Reputation
    Feb 2011
    NextGenUpdate
    Welcome - test...and the form title is Login - Template...it's a template? lol

    someone posted this a few time ago in HF...
    dunno if you leeched it

    anyway you should share it with NGU
  3. 12-16-2011, 06:33 PM
    235
    Posts
    233
    Reputation
    Sep 2010
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by fill0botto95 View Post
    Welcome - test...and the form title is Login - Template...it's a template? lol

    someone posted this a few time ago in HF...
    dunno if you leeched it

    anyway you should share it with NGU

    no i didn't leech it , i was going to use it for all the programs i make so i called it a template, and for test, that is just whatever the username.
  4. 12-17-2011, 12:57 AM
    Pichu's Avatar
    Pichu
    RIP PICHU.
    Pichu's Avatar
    Pichu
    RIP PICHU.
    6,548
    Posts
    34,605
    Reputation
    Jan 2011
    NextGenUpdate
    Online Log in system vs Offline Log in system... two entirely different things, I'm assuming this is an offline log in system?

    This would actually be good if you were making an application that pulled different settings and information based upon the users log in information.
  5. 12-17-2011, 11:28 AM
    235
    Posts
    233
    Reputation
    Sep 2010
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Sublimity View Post
    Online Log in system vs Offline Log in system... two entirely different things, I'm assuming this is an offline log in system?

    This would actually be good if you were making an application that pulled different settings and information based upon the users log in information.


    i will do that...and i have now made a 'Trail Period' window which means you can only use it a certain number of times, once it has 'expired' you can't use it unless you have a key. And yes it is offline, i will keep it that way ... for now!
  6. The Following User Thanked donsta3000 For This Useful Post:


  7. 12-17-2011, 06:06 PM
    Pichu's Avatar
    Pichu
    RIP PICHU.
    Pichu's Avatar
    Pichu
    RIP PICHU.
    6,548
    Posts
    34,605
    Reputation
    Jan 2011
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by donsta3000 View Post
    i will do that...and i have now made a 'Trail Period' window which means you can only use it a certain number of times, once it has 'expired' you can't use it unless you have a key. And yes it is offline, i will keep it that way ... for now!


    You basing it off of total times logged in or clock based? Where are you saving the log file that is checked to verify how many uses and such, you encrypting it yet?
  8. 12-18-2011, 08:08 PM
    235
    Posts
    233
    Reputation
    Sep 2010
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by reScript View Post
    Is he even encrypting his passwords?

    in that no , but **** this, i will update later, i have completely rewriten it and now it does have encrypting and it has a product validation thing (basiclly it allows you on 3 times for a maximum of 10 mins, then you have to enter in the serial. Do you have any ideas as to what i should make/put in it?

    ---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

    Originally Posted by Sublimity View Post
    You basing it off of total times logged in or clock based? Where are you saving the log file that is checked to verify how many uses and such, you encrypting it yet?

    it is based on the amount of times the application has started, you can't stay on the application for more than 10 mins, i have added a product validation thing, and if you type in the correct serial, you no longer have the time limit or the 'amount of views'. I have also added encryption, and you can now delete accounts. It now logs more information, like the time you logged in, and it displays your name when logged in
    Last edited by donsta3000 ; 12-18-2011 at 08:11 PM.

  9. 12-18-2011, 09:03 PM
    Pichu's Avatar
    Pichu
    RIP PICHU.
    Pichu's Avatar
    Pichu
    RIP PICHU.
    6,548
    Posts
    34,605
    Reputation
    Jan 2011
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by donsta3000 View Post
    in that no , but **** this, i will update later, i have completely rewriten it and now it does have encrypting and it has a product validation thing (basiclly it allows you on 3 times for a maximum of 10 mins, then you have to enter in the serial. Do you have any ideas as to what i should make/put in it?

    ---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------


    it is based on the amount of times the application has started, you can't stay on the application for more than 10 mins, i have added a product validation thing, and if you type in the correct serial, you no longer have the time limit or the 'amount of views'. I have also added encryption, and you can now delete accounts. It now logs more information, like the time you logged in, and it displays your name when logged in


    Well you should keep it as a base for other programs, develop something you think people would really use then use this and just add it to the project.
  10. The Following User Thanked Pichu For This Useful Post:


  11. 12-18-2011, 09:12 PM
    235
    Posts
    233
    Reputation
    Sep 2010
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by reScript View Post
    A little tip if you are going to have some kind of licensing system, use hardware of the user to make sure the license is only used on there pc Winky Winky.

    ok i will.Thanks.(+rep)

    ---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

    Originally Posted by Sublimity View Post
    Well you should keep it as a base for other programs, develop something you think people would really use then use this and just add it to the project.

    thanks (have some rep)Yes
  12. 12-18-2011, 09:19 PM
    Pichu's Avatar
    Pichu
    RIP PICHU.
    Pichu's Avatar
    Pichu
    RIP PICHU.
    6,548
    Posts
    34,605
    Reputation
    Jan 2011
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by reScript View Post
    A little tip if you are going to have some kind of licensing system, use hardware of the user to make sure the license is only used on there pc Winky Winky.


    HWID system, the only thing about that is that if they reformat then you have to go through the process again. Maybe add something like a 1 dollar fee for people who reformat to get it to work again.