THREAD: Unable to connect from computer to PS3
  1. 11-02-2017, 12:26 PM
    NextGenUpdate
    When ever I try to connect my PS3 to my computer it won't let me(In my adapter connections my Ethernet to my PS3 to computer is stuck trying to identify network)I've tried to see if the problem was with my drivers but they are all fine.Sorry for limited information it's all I can give you.
  2. 11-03-2017, 02:33 AM
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Modder View Post
    When ever I try to connect my PS3 to my computer it won't let me(In my adapter connections my Ethernet to my PS3 to computer is stuck trying to identify network)I've tried to see if the problem was with my drivers but they are all fine.Sorry for limited information it's all I can give you.

What are you trying to accomplish with this? Wasn’t even aware you could directly connect your PS3 to your pc via Ethernet cord.
  3. 11-03-2017, 06:09 AM
    DGNGOD
    Brute
    DGNGOD
    Brute
    NextGenUpdate
    What is telling you that it is trying to identify network? The PS3 or your Computer?
  4. 11-03-2017, 12:20 PM
    NextGenUpdate
    It's the computer saying it but I tried everything to fix it and couldn't so I just went to dex and am using wifi to connect to my computer so I can rtm
  5. 11-06-2017, 04:42 AM
    DGNGOD
    Brute
    DGNGOD
    Brute
    NextGenUpdate
    Step 1: Make sure your PS3 is connected to the same network (via Ethernet or wireless) as your computer. You can check your connection by going to Settings > Network Settings.

Step 2: Go to Settings > Network Settings > Media Server Connection on your PS3 and set it to "Enabled."

Set up your computer (PC)
    Step 1: Download and install the latest version on Windows Media Player.

Step 2: Go to Library > Add to Library and add folders you want your PS3 to access. All personal folders (Photos, Videos, and Music) are selected by default, but if you have media in other folders, add them.

Step 3:. Go to Library > Media Sharing, and check "Share Media." Press "OK," then wait a few moments for your PS3 to show up as one of the devices. Then select it, click "Allow," then "OK."

Set up your computer (Mac)
    Step 1: Download and install PS3 Media Server (free). This will allow your PS3 to "see" your Mac.

Step 2: Connect to the same network as your PS3.

Step 3: Go to Navigation/Share Settings and uncheck everything in the Thumbnails section (at the top). Then, at the bottom, add folders you want your PS3 to access. You can choose to add your entire hard drive, but it's helpful to add shortcuts to folders like Music, Videos, and Pictures.

Step 4: Go to Transcoding Settings, and change the Maximum bandwidth to 14 or 15. If you have a very strong network connection, leave it at 0. If you don't have a 5.1 surround sound theater, go to the "Number of audio channels" settings and change it to "Stereo."

Step 5: At the top, hit "Save" and "Restart HTTP Connection."

check you have done all these things...
    Last edited by DGNGOD ; 11-06-2017 at 04:47 AM. Reason: add stuff