THREAD: NOW LIVE: Save Wizard Adds 5.00/5.01 Support and Removes 4.50 Advance Mode
  1. 10-28-2017, 06:15 PM
    NextGenUpdate
    IMPORTANT!
    Save Wizard now no longer support advance mode for saves 4.50 and below (V1 Saves). Quick Mode is still available for these saves, but due to technical issues they had to remove advance mode. If you don't know the firmware version you can check this by opening the .bin file with HxD and looking at 0x8. If it's a 1 then the save is 4.50 and below. You could just resign the save to your user and make it a 5.01 Save and copy it back.

Once you launch the program you will be prompted to install the update.

Save Wizard now supports the ability to resign 5.00 saves. On October 17th they added the ability to add cheats to 5.00 saves.

We’ve currently been unable to resign saves on 5.00 since the update on October 3rd. This marks almost a month wait for everything to be fixed and updated. This has been the longest downtime so far in terms of full recovery after an update. In the mean time, Save Wizard did add support for various games and added support for Middle Earth: Shadows of War (Quick Mode Only) this morning.

Along with this, Save Wizard has added import to advance mode which will allow you to import decrypted save files. This should make re region easier and also opens up the use of external save editors.

How to Use Import to Re Region

I have added a guide to my You must login or register to view this content.

Source: You must login or register to view this content. LIVE NOW
    Last edited by ROCKY_southpaw ; 10-29-2017 at 02:56 PM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ROCKY_southpaw For This Useful Post:

, , , , , , ,

3. 10-28-2017, 10:33 PM
    aeneax
    NextGenUpdate Elite
    aeneax
    NextGenUpdate Elite
    NextGenUpdate
    But, but, but ... but all of those hours you've spent re-regioning tens of millions of Witcher 3 saves into many different regions apiece (I don't own the game, just been following the herculean work you've been doing there)... Don't you want to keep doing that? Why would you want to make it easy on yourself? If you can save many hours per save and per region... Surely you don't want that... Do you, Rocky?

If I ever figure out even this new easy method, which is doubtful because I lost 100 IQ points the second I became a Dad, I have so many EU saves I want to re-region. There are some amazing US Evil Within saves that made me finally pick it up on sale, but none for the annoying DLC while EU has it all. And don't get me started on that raccoon thing that spins and steals trophies and makes Naughty Dog money.
  4. 10-29-2017, 12:24 AM
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by aeneax View Post
    But, but, but ... but all of those hours you've spent re-regioning tens of millions of Witcher 3 saves into many different regions apiece (I don't own the game, just been following the herculean work you've been doing there)... Don't you want to keep doing that? Why would you want to make it easy on yourself? If you can save many hours per save and per region... Surely you don't want that... Do you, Rocky?

If I ever figure out even this new easy method, which is doubtful because I lost 100 IQ points the second I became a Dad, I have so many EU saves I want to re-region. There are some amazing US Evil Within saves that made me finally pick it up on sale, but none for the annoying DLC while EU has it all. And don't get me started on that raccoon thing that spins and steals trophies and makes Naughty Dog money.

Oh man tell me about it. It hurts so much knowing I wasted all that time Sal I actually re regioned 20 or more saves in the matter of a few hours. So easy.

Thankfully I was preparing for this and had the regions pre gathered Winky Winky. (I did receive a heads up a few weeks ago that it might be coming this update and another heads up before it dropped.)

It’s actually really easy Smile. Assuming there is advance mode, all you need is a save from your region and the save you want. Simply export the save you want and import it to your save.
  5. 10-29-2017, 07:55 AM
    Jtripz
    Bounty hunter
    Jtripz
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
    Oh man tell me about it. It hurts so much knowing I wasted all that time Sal I actually re regioned 20 or more saves in the matter of a few hours. So easy.

Thankfully I was preparing for this and had the regions pre gathered Winky Winky. (I did receive a heads up a few weeks ago that it might be coming this update and another heads up before it dropped.)

It’s actually really easy Smile. Assuming there is advance mode, all you need is a save from your region and the save you want. Simply export the save you want and import it to your save.

so we can re region the saves now?
  6. 10-29-2017, 08:19 AM
    MrLibido
    Do a barrel roll!
    MrLibido
    Do a barrel roll!
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Jtripz View Post

Yes but you may miss something if the saves have multiple files in it, because sw only mod 1 file when in advanced mode, im not sure but I'm trying to reregion US WoFF all chest saves to EU version, but the chest that closed in original save actually already unlocked because i already unlock them before i reregion the save,so i assume chest data stored in different file from one that modifiable using advanced mode
  7. 10-29-2017, 12:42 PM
    sirdee6666
    NextGenUpdate Elite
    sirdee6666
    NextGenUpdate Elite
    NextGenUpdate
    Hi can someone help me? i dont understand this ''and replace the first value with the same value it currently is. (If you don't you'll get an error.)'' can someone help with this ? ;(
  8. 10-29-2017, 01:07 PM
    Wosley
    Discord: Wosley#1997
    Wosley
    Discord: Wosley#1997
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by sirdee6666 View Post
    Hi can someone help me? i dont understand this ''and replace the first value with the same value it currently is. (If you don't you'll get an error.)'' can someone help with this ? ;(

I think he means the first row of numbers but im not 100% sure didnt try it myself yet
  9. 10-29-2017, 01:46 PM
    NextGenUpdate

Yes. It is dependent on the game.

Originally Posted by MrLibido View Post
    Yes but you may miss something if the saves have multiple files in it, because sw only mod 1 file when in advanced mode, im not sure but I'm trying to reregion US WoFF all chest saves to EU version, but the chest that closed in original save actually already unlocked because i already unlock them before i reregion the save,so i assume chest data stored in different file from one that modifiable using advanced mode

Not all games will work on it. Most the time from what I learned with save pusher, you can’t inport saves into another save that is larger than the one you’re currently importing.

So you should try using a fresh save, then importing it.
    Originally Posted by sirdee6666 View Post

Okay so when you first open advance mode the “Apply” button is locked. In order to unlock the apply button you have to replace any value (I just use the first) with its current value. So for example if the first value is 5 then I click on it, and type 5. The value is still 5 and all, but apply is now no longer grey. Now you can import your save as you please.
  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ROCKY_southpaw For This Useful Post:

11. 10-29-2017, 05:26 PM
    RichL
    Do a barrel roll!
    RichL
    Do a barrel roll!
    NextGenUpdate
    I updated today, went through the installer process etc. and when I load the program now it says ‘the next update which will enable saves from 5.00/5.01 to be resigned is nearly ready’ on the splash screen when it first loads.

So do I have the latest version installed or not?
  12. 10-29-2017, 05:27 PM
    RichL
    Do a barrel roll!
    RichL
    Do a barrel roll!
    NextGenUpdate
    I updated today, went through the installer process etc. and when I load the program now it says ‘the next update which will enable saves from 5.00/5.01 to be resigned is nearly ready’ on the splash screen when it first loads.

So do I have the latest version installed or not?

Version 1.0.6510.36416 it says.